52nd chat, Tuesday February 16 2016: serving homeless library users
- “A home to the homeless” by Ellyn Ruhlmann, from American Libraries (2014)
- “What do I do now? Handling challenging situations with mentally ill and homeless library users, part 2” from Infopeople (2013) (direct link to 50-minute webinar)
- “Not just a place to sleep: homeless perspectives on libraries in central Michigan” by Angie Kelleher, from Library Review (2013)
- Q1. Does your library offer support services/outreach to homeless patrons?
- Q2. Does your library have policies that prohibit behaviors often associated with homelessness?
- Q3. What kind of staff training, if any, does the library provide in serving homeless patrons?
- Q4. What role should the library have in providing support services to homeless patrons?
- Q5. What can libraries do to better serve homeless patrons?