Second chat, April 8 2014
Moderated by @kellymce
Topic: Since not everyone had time to read the Gregory & Higgins’ intro chapter, this will be the “official” reading for the next chat. If you can, please do read this and be prepared to discuss. However, everyone is still welcome to join us, whether you have read it or not. See you then!
- Q1: Is neutrality an impossible construct, per Toni Samek?
- Q2: In what ways has infolit been co-opted by “corporatist efficiencies and risk management?”
- Q3 “What can we do to empower students to raise their critical consciousness of information and how can we inspire them to apply this outlook for fairness and the equality of all people?”
- Q4: How do you teach students to take action?
- Q5: How do you take your students’ gender, sexuality, language, race, class, ability, etc. into account?