22nd chat, January 13 2015: the critical reference librarian
Moderated by @eamontewell
Suggested reading: “Radical Purpose: The Critical Reference Dialogue at a Progressive Urban College” by Kate Adler, and browse the Radical Reference website: radicalreference.info.
- Q1. How do you define “critical reference”?
- Q2. What does critical reference look like in practice? What are the characteristics of a critical reference librarian?
- Q3. In what ways are reference services oppressive?
- Q4. Are there reference models that improve upon traditional services in a critical sense? What would a #critlib reference model look like?
- Q5. What actions can we take to encourage a critical approach to reference?