Seventh chat, June 17, 2014: neutrality
Moderated by @pumpedlibrarian
Topic: We will discuss the myth of neutrality in higher ed and how much responsibility professors and educators should have to be activists.
Recommended reading: Professors who profess: Making a difference as scholar-activists, Alfie Kohn, 2003
- Q1 Re: opening Chomsky quote, how do libraries/librarians enact this?
- Q2 What library instruction debates/norms should we be questioning?
- Q3 What areas should we do (more) research in to break from status quo?
- Q4 How should LIS education change to improve library instruction in this capacity?
- Q5 Any #alaac14 sessions to share that #critlib -ers might be interested in?