20th chat, December 9 2014: deeper exploration of #critlib and why it’s important
Moderated by @catladylib
Topic: What does #critlib look like? Who are we? (Optional) #criticalselfies…. take a selfie of yourself before/during the chat to share! You’re welcome to be obscured by cats or other creatures if you don’t want to do a full-on selfie. If everyone is ok with it, we can make a collage of the pics and put them on librarianwardrobe.com to show what #critlib librarians look like.
- Q1. Let’s revisit what #critlib means… try defining or explaining in a tweet(s). What is it? What is it not?
- Q2. What books/films/texts have had an impact on how you have come to your political/critical understandings? #critlib
- Q3. How do you confront the idea that the library is portrayed as a “neutral” space? #critlib
- Q4. How do you, or how would you, enact #critlib in your ongoing work? Provide specific, practical examples
- Q5. What confuses you or frustrates you about #critlib (the topic, not the chats)? & What can we do about it?