102nd chat, Monday March 19 2018: vendor relations
11 am Pacific / noon Mountain / 1 pm Central / 2 pm Eastern
- LexisNexis’s Role in ICE Surveillance and Librarian Ethics. Law Librarian Blog, December 11 2017.
- Law Librarian Status & Academic Freedom. The Ginger (Law) Librarian blog, December 06 2017.
- Q1. What obligations do vendors have to end-users of their products? What obligations do vendors have to library workers? #critlib
- Q2. What obligations do library workers have regarding ethical considerations in their relationships with vendors? (as information/product gatekeepers? as people who maximize access to information and rely on vendors to those ends?) #critlib
- Q3. What obligations do professional organizations have in maintaining ethical relations with vendors? #critlib
- Q4. How do we ensure library workers are able to engage in discussion about the ethical use of vendor products? #critlib