12th chat, August 26 2014: responding to social (in)justice events
Topic: #Ferguson has shown that SJ events can happen anywhere. Tonight’s #critlib discussion is on how critical library practitioners can prepare.
- Q1: How can we prepare for social justice events? What do we need to provide critical service to communities & outside media/SJW?
- Q2: During events, what actions can we take as libraries, what actions can we take as librarians? Are these the same/different?
- Q2 (correlary): What actions can we take as critical practitioners from _outside_ the immediate area of the event?
- Q3: Where should library services be located on a range from palliative to transformative during and after events?
- Q4: Does the position of the library within an institution of authority limit our ability to act?