126th chat, Monday April 6 2020: intro to disabilities in LIS
11 am Pacific / noon Mountain / 1 pm Central / 2 pm Eastern
This is a joint chat with the newly formed #CripLib, focusing on library workers with disabilities. Find information about #CripLib at criplib.wordpress.com.
Everyone is welcome to participate in this chat! To post anonymously during the chat, please use the #CripLib anonymous posting option. Feel free to just use the #CripLib hashtag during the chat.
- Q1. What are your lived experiences with disability in the library or archival workplace? For the purposes of our discussions, we’re using Kumbier & Starkey (2016) definition of disability as an experience that is “shaped by social, cultural, historic, political, and economic factors…[that] impact people’s lived experience of impairment”. #CripLib #CritLib
- Q2. How has disability informed your work in libraries and archives? #CripLib #CritLib
- Q3. How can we build and foster a community of library and archives workers with disabilities? #CripLib #CritLib
- Q4. What sort of support are you looking for out of a community dedicated to disability in library and archives? #CripLib #CritLib
- Q5. How can all library and archives workers contribute to an accessible profession? #CripLib #CritLib