28th chat, April 7 2015: critical pedagogy and student/staff development
Moderated by @jmymcginniss
Recommended reading: “Transformative Library Pedagogy and Community-Based Libraries: A Freirean Perspective,” by Martina Riedler and Mustafa Yunus Eryaman, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9yzR15BSR_0YjdibHAyaFFtZTQ/view
- Q1. Why are students employed at/by your library? #critlib
- Q2. How are your interactions with student staff characterized? Is there room for the dialogic process? #critlib
- Q3. How does library employment help student staff to engage with their views of knowledge, power and authority? #critlib
- Q4. How does library employment contribute to the “education of the complete person”? #critlib
- Q5. If you could make one change to move toward employing #critlib in your student staff development approach, what would it be?