17th chat, October 21 2014: critical information literacy and the ‘left’
Topic: For the purposes of this discussion, we are understanding “politics” to refer to a system of governance, and political ideologies (Democrats! Republicans! Bull Moose!) Here’s also an optional reading to help contextualize this conversation a little:
- Q1: Where do you locate the work of #critlib on the political spectrum?
- Q2: Do you acknowledge the political leanings of #critlib in the classroom? Why/why not?
- Q3: How do you strike a balance b/t serving the social justice goals of #critlib and respecting the political ideologies of your students?
- Q4: Are you upfront about your personal political beliefs in your classroom? Why/why not? #critlib
- Q5: What place, if any, does politics have in information literacy curriculum? #critlib